Sunday, March 13, 2011

Busy busy busy and loving it!

This month was jam packed. Thank goodness we had social events and fun things galore to get us through the chilliness. While we didn't get much snow, we got quite a few days of Rexburg style temperatures. I'll recap my favorite things. :)

If I knew how to post a sound clip on here from my phone I totally would. One of the coolest things I heard this month was on a Monday that I had off work. It was about 1 degree outside and there was light snow falling. I kept hearing this noise over my central heat and my television. When I turned the TV off, I realized that there was a chatter coming from outside. I walked onto my porch, and right next to my window there were about 40 tiny birds, singing so loud it was almost deafening. I thought it was so neat that despite the frigid weather, these little birds were just going about their business as if welcoming springtime. It's nerdy to admit, but I actually spent an hour that night on this bird call website trying to figure out what they were! I dare anyone to spend less time than me...it's amazing how every bird call is unique. The Lord is so creative. :)

Breckenridge!!! Every year there is an international snow sculpture competition in the cute town of Breckenridge. I went up with friends and we spent the day up there, tasting some of the treats...frosting filled cookie sandwiches...yikes, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co for lunch, and then wandering amongst the sculptures. Artists come from all over the world to participate in the event. It's pretty incredible to see how a block of packed ice can be turned into something that can take your breath away!



BYU Basketball - Barbie, Brenna, Kris, Zach and I were able to witness Jimmer Fredette's incredible skill at the BYU vs Air Force game this month. It was an awesome game to go to. Air Force was VERY physical with Fredette, but he still got his shots off. I almost felt bad for Air Force because I am pretty sure there were more BYU fans in attendance than their own. What an awesome night!!




Maybe it's because February hosts Valentine's Day, or maybe it was just something in the water, but I was lucky enough to be courted a TON this month. I felt like I never got to see my friends. I won't complain though. I am lucky that there are so many great guys out here in Colorado. One of them made me dinner and had these beauties on the table for me.

Aw... Despite a couple dates a week, I apologize mom and dad; I'm still single!

February was definitely the month for get togethers. My buddy Kevin and I hosted a fun fondue night at his place. I can't ever get enough cheese and bread. :) I hosted two big things by myself. The first even was at the beginning of Feb; a game night, with about 20 or so people. It was a blast and I was given the best compliment. I was told that anytime we do something at my place, it always turns out awesome. :) I love hosting, and I am happy that my place has become a place to gather. Later in the month, with the help of one of my besties Danielle, I hosted an appetizer night. Everyone brought an appetizer - including buffalo wing dip, bruschetta, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, ham puffs, jalepeno poppers...all home made. It was a success, with approximately 30 friends there. This is how awesome my friends are: four guys were the last ones there and they helped clean up everything before heading out. Aw...Marcus, Ty, Kevin and Chris...you guys rock.

BEST PART OF FEBRUARY NO CONTEST...Danielle came to visit me for a week! Danielle has been one of my closest friends since we met in a Yellowstone research class back in 2004. She lives in DC and we see each other about 1x a year. The appetizer party was partially so she could meet all my great Colorado friends. Danielle and I had the best week relaxing, shopping, working out, eating frozen yogurt and girl scout cookies and bonding. It was fun to just hang out with Danielle. It gave her a much needed break from her busy job in DC too! I love her SO much and I am so happy she was able to make it out to stay with me. Who's coming out next?? ;)





In dental hygiene news, I would like to announce that I am now permanently practicing Monday and Wednesday at a new office! Her name is Christine Theroux and she is a very prominent dentist in Colorado. She's been awarded and featured numerous times in 5280 Magazine. I needed more hygiene hours and this office was the ONE ad I applied to. They called the next day. They'd been looking for someone for months, and I was perfect. This job fell into my lap and I feel very blessed. I am working with wonderful women at Dr. Theroux's! (And FYI - I am still working with Dr. Ashby and Dr. LaCouture. I love each of my offices.)


3 comments:

  1. all those boys who take you out gotta LOCK U DOWN! I think its kinda funny that all those pics you have with your friend Danielle your all on the right side lol. I miss you, wish i could say i was coming down next. I wish i was as blessed in the friends department as you are :) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Those sculptures are BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy that you are loving life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sculptures are amazing! My parents know someone from Midway who does those.
    And the tulips! BEAUtiful!! Simple and perfect they are. :D Lucky you :D

    ReplyDelete