April was NOT filled with showers. I am 18 days away from my year mark here in Colorado. When I arrived here last year everything was green and lush and beautiful. We are still looking pretty weak in the rain category, and no I won't accept the few snow showers we got this month as doable precipitation. I'm picky. But I digress...this blog is about what happened in my life. Specifically in April. Here goes...
Netflix is my new BFF. That's pathetic. Not really, but i've become an old movie fanatic. Arsenic and Old Lace, An Affair to Remember, Send Me No Flowers, Gentleman Prefer Blondes, How to Marry a Millionaire, Funny Girl, Desk Set, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, To Sir With Love, All About Eve, Charade, Dial M for Murder, and many more. If you have a favorite oldie, let me know. I'm hooked.
Quilt. Yes, I am going to start a quilt. A quilt for my place, just an extra large throw for movie nights and cuddling. :) The inspiration for the quilt come from a friend's blog. She is uber talented and made her own pattern from something she saw at a store. One of my besties out here, Megan, introduced me to a gal who estimated measurements and everything. I'm impressed with anyone that can put these things together. Here are some photos of the quilt; my colors will be much different.
Snow hiking! I have a new found love for hiking in the snow. What is more awesome than forging your own trail up a mountainside in early spring? My outdoor buddy Dave and I took a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park and did Mills Lake hike. It's already a pretty strenuous hike, but add shifty snow and slush and ice beneath your feet, coupled with the possibility of sinking up to your waist, and it was definitely challenging. When we got to the lake and ate lunch beneath Longs Peak it was icy cold despite the sunshine. Coming down was the most fun. Dave and I detoured on a random path, dodging trees and falling through the snow so many times we lost count. We were laughing SO hard. I liked it so much, I think I'll do it again sir.
Ever since I injured my knee years ago I've been pretty wary of running. IT band syndrome and runners knee, resulting in a total of 6 months of physical therapy is just not a happy thing to go through. However, I want SO badly to run. Or maybe it's just the awesome calves that runners have. ANYWAY, I have started a running regimen with my friend Kim that so far has proved to be awesome. It's 'Couch to 5K.' Now I've done 10K's, so it's not necessarily me trying to do a shorter run than I've completed in the past. But it is a very slow going, paced training that keeps you from injury. So far Kim and I have done 4 weeks and are still going strong. My knee hasn't bothered me ONCE, which is huge for me. I am hoping that the easy, steady increase will strengthen my knee ligaments and tendons, and that I can finally be a runner again!!! I'll keep you posted!
Sister Missionaries. Oh my goodness how I love our sisters in the Crowfoot ward. We only have sisters in our singles ward for obvious reasons, and I have come to love each of them. With my scattered and yet free schedule, I've been able to help them out a lot. I get to feed them and go with them on visits to teach less active members. It has been an incredible testimony strengthener in my life. I am so happy to be able to serve in this way!
Easter!! Of course the biggest event in April was Easter. I was able to go to Utah and see my family. It started off rough though. Hilary, Megan and I all have family in Utah and were stoked for a road trip out there. Hilary's car had other plans...to overheat in Longmont and get us stranded after 6pm, when every repair shop and rental place of course had closed. Well my awesome friend Brock saved the day, canceling his flight to Utah and picking us up, taking us all to Utah. Who ever said there aren't generous single men in the world are mistaken! My Easter trip was awesome and it was good to see my family. I am so lucky that my Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle and my parents all live in the same culdesac!
Last of all....my little sister is now officially living in Saesbo Japan with her Navy husband Joe. It only took a month and a half, but the military finally got her out there the day after Easter. :) I am so excited for her. I got to talk to her on skype through her iPhone since they don't have internet yet. (Isn't technology AWESOME!?!?!) Here are a few cute pictures she's sent so far. I love this girl.


I'm doing couch to 5k too! It's the only program I've tried where my knee isn't killing me by the end of the run. :)
ReplyDelete