Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yea! I'm finally writing about MAY!!!!

Thank goodness most of my readers probably only check this once in a blue moon, because that seems to be about how often I write. :) I will be updating June as well, so read em both!!! Sadly I don't have TOO many pictures for the month of May. Most of my goings on were not photo necessary. Read on for the biggest things in my May.

ONE year on the 22nd. I can't believe I've been here a year. Can you? I am happy to say that in my entire year, there is not one thing I dislike about Colorado. I love it here and plan on being here indefinitely. I have loved the weather, the people, the culture, the incredible efforts at nature preservation...I am a happy girl. I am so glad that I was guided to move here, because it has really blessed my life, and even though there have been ups and downs, I wouldn't change the last year for anything.

Appetizer party: Of course, you know me, I had to throw yet another appetizer party. By popular demand, everyone brought awesome treats, desserts, and dishes to share and it was a hit. Friends were home from BYU-Idaho, BYU and other schools, so it was the perfect time for everyone to catch up. I just love entertaining, and I am so glad that my place is perfect for it!

QUILTING! I started on my quilt for real. Megan Morton is the BEST girl friend a girl could wish for. She helped me get started, teaching me the ins and outs of cutting and sewing. Who knew that quilting was so easy?? I chose to do a quilt with four different sized square/rectangles through, so piecing won't be easy, but I was up for the challenge. This is a little section of the quilt, just laid out and not sewn yet.

Mormon day at Ashby Dental. The 12th of this month was almost too bizarre to be real. Let me pull an excerpt from my journal to explain: "I deemed today Mormon day at Dr. Ashby’s office. It all started with Jessica Berg, Dr’s first patient. The name vaguely registered, but it wasn’t until Christy was saying to Jessica “you went to BYU? Dr Ashby and Erin went there” that I looked over at her. Yep. Knew her face. We realized that we were both in Mountainwood in 2004 and she married Rob Berg, Dan Vincent’s roommate. Wow. What a small world! J Next up we had our most recently baptized convert Eric Harrell come in for some tooth pain. I had a new patient at the same time, who was from SLC and in the CU Boulder ward. Then my final patient of the day was Roger Reynolds, a guy who moved here from Delta, UT a few years ago. His oldest son is at BYU. And he is in the same ward in Parker as the Langstons. Wow. Four patients, all LDS, no connection whatsoever, coming to an LDS dentist with an LDS hygienist. It was too funny. I told Christy that Mormons were taking over the world. ;0) That’s when she shocked me with a revelation that she had thought of looking into our church. Really? I may have to give her a pass along card or a Book of Mormon." Enough said. :)

The dreaded church talk. I don't understand why people LOVE public speaking, and why they volunteer to speak in church. I'd rather rappel off cliffs. And climb insanely high mountains. Obviously. :) I was the lucky girl asked to speak on Mother's Day, which would actually turn out to be somewhat significant. That's for later. My talk was on how we are ALL mothers, whether we have children or not. I will say this...that my ability to prepare and give a talk has improved exponentially since my last go around. A big difference? I was confident, spoke carefully and gave my talk without looking. I was told by multiple people that I was a natural public speaker. The RS Pres told me that she was envious that I was so at ease and confident at the pulpit. Who were they listening to? Haha.

Kaylon Ross. Yes. This is where the significance of Mother's day, the 8th, comes in. I met this guy on Mother's day. He introduced himself to me, and when I found out that he'd been pretty much MIA for a number of years I assumed he had no friends and decided to help him out. NO, I didn't have even the slightest inkling that I was doing anything more than friendshipping. By the next Sunday the 15th, we'd exchanged numbers, saw each other at institute and texted back and forth a few times. But by the NEXT Sunday, the 22nd, I'd had Kaylon over for games with friends, sat next to him at FHE and institute, had been asked out for the following week, hung out and chilled with Megan and I did quilt stuff, and carpooled to the YSA sports day. It was the 21st that I realized that I was completely head over heels for Kaylon. It was like a lightbulb. And that's all you get so far folks. Jk. Here is a picture of us at the Rockies game. :) Ok, now you have to read June for more. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment