Nothing ever really turns out the way you assumed it would. When I thought of my future plans once I moved to Colorado I assumed I would find a job, then find a roommate. I was sure there would be a spot open or at least a girl who needed to move out. Nope.
The first two months I was here I visited three different singles wards and talked to everyone I could about housing. I met girls and asked them if they knew anyone, or if they could keep their eyes open for something. Apparently I was spoiled in Utah, where all you do is move somewhere and you have automatic roommates. Colorado isn't exactly teeming with single LDS people, but I didn't think it would be this hard.
It seems like I will be following the trend of single LDS girls in Colorado who get their own place. It surprised me at first, knowing of seven girls specifically who live in their own one bedroom apartments. I gave in, came to grips with my situation, remembered that I have a great job, so...I move into my own place in two weeks! I found a great, safe place right off of Lincoln and I-25 so getting to work will be a breeze. It's called Meadows at Meridian and there I will have 856sq feet to call my own. The best part is my attached garage. My front door and garage are on the same level, and my apartment is just above it. Not only do I not have anyone above or below me, but I only have one neighbor, and TONS of windows. It is perfect for me. The price is great for what I am getting and I am excited to make it me.
Initially I was more nervous than excited. I mean, I never thought I would live alone. I enjoy people and conversation and worried that this might turn me into a hermit. Then I had an awesome revelation that I can turn up my music loud, have people over whenever I want, and DO whatever I want. I could get used to this. :)
Thank goodness I have Dana and my boss' wife Gina helping me out with furniture and home ideas. This way when you all come to visit me we can have a fun time at MY new place!! PS. To my family. I will be safe. This is a safe neighborhood and a safe city and I have my own safe garage that goes straight into my house. Awesome. :)
For those who are like me and love details, here is a link to my place. I will be living in the Breckenridge: http://www.simpsonpropertygroup.com/communities/index.cfm?fuseaction=floorplans&id=143&floorPlanPosition=4
Sorry I didn't respond about your dad. I've been away traveling for a long time, but anyway, I hope he continues to recover. How scary! And, congrats on getting your own place. It sounds really nice and will allow you a ton of freedom, something I sometimes crave.
ReplyDelete