Dad: My dad has been recovering from his stroke at my grandparents' place in Centerville. They are lucky to be surrounded by family and friends that can help out. I get to talk to my dad at least once a week and he updates me on how things are going. His short term memory is still a struggle, but he will write things down to tell me and I love it. Apparently they were went to a rehab center for stroke patients and my parents were able to see how lucky my dad was with his stroke. He has it made in the shade compared to so many others. We are so blessed. What I feel as a HUGE side blessing is that my parents are going to be moving to Centerville area for good now. I no longer have to decide which family to be with on vacations or holidays. I get them ALL at the same time. I am so happy to know my parents will be close to everyone we love. Well, except us kids. :)
More than a friend friends: I honestly thought I had something that was going to go somewhere. I have spent the last two months being in a relationship with a guy that wouldn't give it a relationship title. Everything about it was DATING. Spending every free day together. Him driving 40 minutes just to see me for a couple hours. Him paying for dinner. Cuddling. Calling each other BFF. Then he tells me he is still waiting for the 'ok go green light.' Hm. I tend to use my free agency, but if this dude is waiting for a voice from heaven, then I'm out. I have decided to throw in the towel. I guess I am used to it by now. The consensus? My future husband has yet to be baptized as a convert and is going to ROCK!
Friendy friends: I have always had an easier time making guy friends than girl friends. Always. I have been lucky to have awesome girl friends in my life and I am so grateful for each and every one. We all will admit that sometimes you meet someone and you just click. Obviously that's good for a guy and a girl, but because said dude in paragraph above (and many others) is a weirdy, it doesn't mean as much. I was lucky enough to find my other half here in Denver. Her name is Kim. We clicked immediately and we are amazed with how similar we are. It's been a while since I have had a single girl friend who I can have so much fun with. And I definitely needed it out here where I am still adjusting to the sparse LDS singles life. Is it nerdy to say that I know we will be friends for years to come? Even if it is I don't care. She pretty much rocks, and makes giving up on green light boy seem like a piece of cake.
Job: Another place where I feel lucky is in the job arena. I am working for two dentists right now; Dr. Ashby where I was initially hired and Dr. Twiss. Dr. Twiss asked me to fill in for his maternity leave RDH until Thanksgiving and I gladly accepted. Once that is over though Dr. Ashby asked if I would accept full time status at his office. I would LOVE to. I have also met another LDS dentist out here who will probably ask me to fill in from time to time. One thing is certain about Colorado...if I ever wonder if moving here was the right choice, I just tell myself that I have a 4-5 day a week job when a decent number of RDH's are still looking!
Wow, what an update! I'm glad you still love your work and your new place and the people you've met. Kind of surprised me about Kris, but I like your attitude. Miss you a lot! Since you are working and I'm not, you should come visit me (since you can afford it)!
ReplyDelete