Dana let me borrow one of her three (?)


Christmas trees, making my house feel happy and cozy and warm-fuzzy for the hol
iday. One significant even revolving around my
Christmas tree had to do with a baby doll arm. Yes...that baby doll arm appeared one day on my tree. Here is the background. That doll arm was part of a friend's Halloween costume and had been left on the floor of her car. One Sunday we headed to see our great friends Kevin Penn and Chris Beeman. I decided to leave the arm as a gift for Kevin. Under his pillow in his bedroom. He never alluded to any knowledge of ever finding that arm. This was back in very late Oct/very early Nov. It came as quite a shock to me one Monday morning in mid December to find a creepy new ornament on my tree as I was getting ready for work. Kevin had been over a couple nights prior, and having fashioned the arm into an ornament, left it for me to find. It completely creeped me out. Like Chucky doll style. Oh Kevin...you got me good. :)
As the ward music chair, I have the lovely task of putting together the Christmas program. I really don't have that much musical know how, so this seemed a pretty daunting task. With the help of my awesome ward choir director and one of our incredible Bishopric counselors we pulled it off. We had a unique, uplifting Christmas program and I couldn't have been happier. Well...I guess I was happier that it was over. :) It was pretty eventful for my month.
I was deemed a formidable force in the ward. Any time the word formidable had been said, it conjured up thoughts of fortresses and dragons and moats. At a talent show an attractive boy in the ward sang a song incorporating people from the ward and little anecdotes about them. Then came the line "Erin Bailey, she's so out of my league." I am happy it was dark because I blushed so much I felt like my face was on fire. The bishopric gave me a pretty hard time, and deemed me the "formidable girl" of the ward. It made me laugh, but I was flattered at the same time. I AM quite the force to be reckoned with. Awesome. Nothing like a little boost of confidence. PS...The boy who sang was only 22 years old. Can we say 'cougar'? ;)
Christmas in Utah! I spent another week with my parents and relatives in Utah for the holiday. This time I was the only Bailey kid around, so I spent a lot of time reading, relaxing, hanging with the cousins. I went on a successful blind date and spent time with my old friend Jonathan Brimhall as well. The last night there was probably the most fun. Mom, dad and I worked on a puzzle while we watched biographies on old comedians. My dad educated me on the incredible man that was Victor Borge. If you don't know who he was, look him up on youtube. He was pretty amazing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment