Friday, February 11, 2011

October!


I took a mid October visit to Utah so that I could go canyoneering. This is
one of the things I miss about Utah. There aren't exactly many slot canyons around these Denver parts. Two of my awesome
buddies Nick Prince and Brent Evans who now live in Illinois and Missouri also flew out to join in the fun. We did Birch to Orderville to Narrows. It was incredible. It took the entire day and we ended up hiking out of the Narrows after dark. What an adventure. I bonded with my buddies and made new friends. Totally worth the trip out. :)

Kim and I ordered massive gummy bears that my sister Laura had directed me to. I love gummy anything. EDIBLE gummy anything. Let's not get gross. Check out the pictures...heaven. Need I say more?




Eyes Lips Eyes, a band my close friend Aaron Hatch is in, came to Colorado and played in Boulder. It was an awesome show...as evidenced by the sweaty band members. I was so happy to see Aaron. :) He was one of my first awesome buddies that I really connected with when I moved to Utah in 2003.


Girls mini road trip!! So the best part of living in Colorado is the friends I have made. Barbie put together an overnight for some good girl friends of hers, taking us on a trip in one of those way old school vans with the tv and vcr and curtains and everything. Classic. We headed to Manitou Springs and stayed in an adobe looking motel. We were a bit creeped out at first, but it turned out to be awesome. What better way to spend a weekend than crammed into a car, eating at Cracker Barrel, visiting 'Bishops Castle' and crashing a Colorado Springs YSA dance...which was AWFUL. Needless to say, Barbie bore her testimony the next day about how grateful she was for her ward. Or at least grateful that we were far enough away from Co Springs that they aren't in our region. Haha.

The biggest part of October for me I guess was turning 30. I am nowhere near where I thought I'd be in life. If you would have told me when I was 20 that I would be unmarried and living in my own place in Colorado I would have laughed. I remember thinking my 24 year old roommate was so so sad, and I would die if I was ever so old and single like her. It comes back to bite you...careful what you say! Anywho...that said, I am in such a happy place in my life at 30 that I









cannot say that I lack much. I am in a wonderful place, with wonderful friends and have an incredible job. I bask in compliments such as "You look so young to be 30. I thought you were 22!" "You are MUCH too pretty to never have been engaged." That makes it all worth it. ;) My friends and I had dinner out, I was surprised by Dana and Gina with a decorated house and mini lava cakes back at my place. And who doesn't want a pineapple topped with a red bow for their birthday. (Psych fans will get this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment