Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roadtrip!

I am here! And the drive out to Colorado was awesome. Even as we pulled away from the house and headed out I still didn't feel sad about leaving. I had been waiting in the days prior to say "It finally hit me that I am leaving." Then once it has hit you you are supposed to feel sad and feel doubts. It never "hit." It just was. I have never felt more ready for something. I was ready to start anew! I was grinning as we hit the highway. Driving through Spanish Fork canyon in the spring is always pretty incredible. Anyway, after a long intro, here are a few things I learned on my way to Highlands Ranch, Colorado:

1. Discovering how many songs I had on my iPod begin with "ain't." It was impressive. I started listening alphabetically. :)
2. The passersby in Green River, Utah are very honest. My aunt left her purse behind at a gas station and it was still there 30 minutes later.
3. I am like Dory on Finding Nemo. I drove behind the UHaul that my aunt and uncle were pulling and I probably read the back of that trailer 100 times. Every time I would start at the top, and read it, like I'd never seen it before. MORE AERODYNAMIC! 25% EASIER TOWING! SAVES FUEL! Fascinating.
4. Colorado has a highway exit titled "No Name." Very original.
5. I LOVE driving by myself for long periods of time. I love road trips.
6. I am super skilled at writing things down without taking my eyes off the road. Don't tell the cops.
7. Discovering how stinking giddy I am to even be in Colorado. Best. Feeling. Ever.

So now I have been here for a little less than a week and I have visited with two probable employers, had my application for Colorado license approved, and have spent time with new guy friends. I was lucky to move out here knowing three LDS dental school duders. They invited me out to dinner on Sunday and I went to institute with one last night. I have been running with Dana too...trying to get back into it. I just need to give a shout out to Dana and Ryan, who I am staying with. They are the most amazing friends and I am so lucky for their generosity. It is making this transition cake. As for the job hunt...things are looking VERY good, and I will post when things get more, um, specific. I am very happy here. I know I made the right decision. :)

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog :). And your face :D. Um, this has nothing to do w/ this post, but how did you get the list of people's names (other blogs, I assume) to just be a simple list? My list has the little blog symbol next to every other name on the list. I don't like it.
    Also, I want to be in your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, what is your blog? And you can change your list when you customize. You should be able to make it look however you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always learn a lot obout myself on roadtrips. There is something about being on the road for hours by yourself that really allows you to see yourself. I'm so glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete